Continuous Professional Development -
Boost your officers' skills and knowledge
Onboard Maritime Microlearning Modules offer CPD to forward thinking companies on a global scale. They are recognised by the Nautical Institute for Continuous Professional Development purposes.
For ships officers, the working environment is ever-changing in regulations, technology and working practices. Those engaged in the navigation and conduct of the vessel are required to adapt and keep their skills relevant.
Our microlearning modules deliver effective and engaging educational content, ensuring a consistent approach to CPD. Each module is focussed on specific topics which are aligned to the requirements of the STCW tables.
What are Onboard Maritime’s CPD Micro Learning Modules?
- A suite of 12 digital learning modules designed to be undertaken by the navigation officers on a vessel.
- The modules use case studies that link learning to STCW (IMO – Standards, Training Certification and Watchkeeping) competency tables.
- These modules will allow your company to provide a structured CPD programme for the deck officers within its fleet for a year.
- As they are recognised by the Nautical Institute as suitable for CPD each person who completes the 12 modules will receive a certificate to recognise a minimum of 12 CPD hours for that year.
- They can be delivered to individuals or as a group to encourage peer-to-peer learning and the sharing of best practice.
- They are delivered online, and you can track the progress and engagement of the vessel or individuals with the modules.
Benefits to your business
Focussed modules that don’t impact on the ship’s operational schedule
Evidence of ongoing CPD for vessel audit purposes
Provide effective CPD to your deck officers
Deck officers receive a certificate as evidence of CPD
Online / offline flexible delivery model
Recognised by the Nautical Institute